baby age

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Monday, July 13, 2009

Firsts








This week we had a few firsts.

Adalyn had her first "real" bath and also her first sunday at church this week. I will admit, church did not go as well as I thought it would. She slept through Sacrament and Sunday school so by RS I was thinking this was a breeze. I soon found out why everyone was so amazed that I was trying to go to all 3 hours. She woke up 5 minutes into RS hungry. I took her to the mothers lounge which is far from sufficient and was crowded with women from other wards that I did not know. Then in the middle of feeding we get a blown out diaper. Then she was just mad. I quickly texted Jared and told him we were going home. Luckily it was only 10 minutes early. Did I mention that in the process of changing the blown out diaper I was leaning over to get stuff out of my diaper bag and I split my skirt all the way up to my butt! Yeah...I didn't know until we got home. I was soooo embarressed. It was an interesting day!

The bath, however, was much more successful! Adalyn hates being naked so she was crying until I put her in the water. Her face almost looked shocked, like "wo, this is not too bad". It was cute. She loved it! Hopefully bath time continues to be a good part of the day.
On a second note.... we had her second check up last Wednesday. She had to get her heel pricked for blood. I hated that and so did she. But we found out she now weighs about 8.5 lbs and is 20.5 inches long! She grew 2 inches in 2 weeks. She is in


5 comments:

Cassie said...

So cute! Sorry about church. That sounds terrible. I'm so glad you put up more pictures! I've been waiting...

Rory and Tosha Sargent said...

hey your husband is here at our office right now and we were talking about blogs so here i am looking at yours. jared is so proud of his little girl! she is so cute! congrates hope all is well.

Matt and Jenna said...

She looks so beautiful in her dress!! I love the headband. Sorry about the church mishap. Well....mishap probably doesn't do it justice...

Cassie said...

So I feel like its time for new pictures. I know you have taken them.

Kimberly said...

I miss you guys...okay mostly Addy (just kidding) Family reunion next week????