baby age

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pictures of my Angel and her one week check up



We had our baby girl! :) Forgot that I hadn't posted anything about it yet. I guess I am skipping a step. Adalyn Ava Mellor was born June 24th at 6:16 pm. She was 7lbs 8oz and 18 inches long. They had to induce me but once I was on my way to having her there was no stopping me :) I was in labor for 8 hours but only had to push for about 10 minutes. The epidural made it seem so easy but I know if my legs hadn't have been numb I wouldn't be saying anything close to easy. We brought her home June 26th in the afternoon and have been having a great time adjusting ever since!

(thanks to my wonderful mom for coming and staying for a few days to help me adjust!!! It was fun to learn from the best! :) )


So... yesterday we took Adalyn to the doctor for her one week check up. Yep she gained weight! :) Usually babies lose a little wieght the first week. Guess this means feeding is going well. I can't complain though because her little chubby cheeks just make me smile all the time.

I can't believe it has been a week. Those days in the hospital are just a blur. Not fun. We are having such a great time adjusting to the parenting thing and it melts me to see the connection Jared has with our little girl.


Here are some pictures from the hospital and the past week.......

4 comments:

Katie Call-Sommer said...

congrats Jill! she is a cutie!ou

Cassie said...

YAY! I am so glad I know you have a blog now! I am so excited to be able to see Adalyn! She is such a cutie. It was so good to talk to you.

Kimberly said...

I wish we lived closer. She is such a cutie. We had a great couple of days visiting with you.....

The Douglas's said...

she is such a cutie. I am glad things are going well for you